Expired film

Wednesday, July 11, 2012



I shot a roll of Kodak Professional UC 400 (expired in... a long time ago - more than 12 years for sure - probably 1999), and on that roll were a few photos from a wedding thats I guest shot (including 4x5 black and whites) for Abie Livesay (www.boxwoodphotography.com).  Here they are.  Processed by the local Walgreen, and scanned by me on an Epson V600.  The color tones on the film are amazing, and the grain is just perfect in my opinion.  A very tangible film that feels 'alive' when I look at it.  These are without any color adjustments at all.  Also by the way I think I am just going to begin using vegetables as my watermark...

I'm not going to abandon my great digital cameras - no question they do the job more cheaply, quickly, and effectively.  But I can't really ignore how much I like this film.  Too bad I don't have any more of this particular stuff, but I do have some 120 and 35mm Portra on the way...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Jason Snyder | Photographer All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger