Direct 4x5 Positives

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Been working on Harman Direct Paper positive images with the 4x5.  The FB paper is cut exactly to fit into the 4x5 film holder.  Preflash is necessary to control the harsh contrast of the paper - I use an enlarger with a 50mm lens set to f:22, and expose to just less than 1 second.  Then I shoot (the EV for the paper is like ASA4 or 5) and process in Ilford developer for around 2.5 minutes (or until the blacks are right).  I usually am figuring in a little more exposure that my meter tells me so the highlights kick a little.

Here is a diptych of one of our beautiful cut dahlia flowers.  Direct Paper on the left and digital portrait on the right:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Jason Snyder | Photographer All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger