4x5 Portraits

Monday, April 2, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect from this weekend's endeavors with the 4x5 - mainly experimenting with finding a sweet spot with Tri-X 320 Pan and Diafine.  Most of the previous frames were decidedly low in contrast, and lacks a DMax that scanned well.  The following were shot at EI 1000, and processed 4+4 in Diafine, Kodak fix and a long bath in a tray.  The processing is done in a daylight tank with the sheets  'taco' wrapped.

No alterations in PS except setting black point and taking a few dust bunnies off.  Overall, I am happy. I have one more holder to unload and process - I'll be sure to share those when I get around to it.  

Onward!

Pacemaker SG + Aero Ektar 178 f/2.5
Kodak Tri-x 320 @ EI 1000
© Jason Snyder 2012

Pacemaker SG + Aero Ektar 178 f/2.5
Kodak Tri-x 320 @ EI 1000
© Jason Snyder 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Jason Snyder | Photographer All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger